Rank Math: Is it Worth Your Money and Better than the Other SEO Plugins in 2021?
Check out a detailed RankMath review. why is it better than Yoast SEO and All in one SEO.
door Remco Nieuwenhuizen
Eigenaar van WPsupporters
WordPress is a great CMS, but it doesn’t have its SEO functionality. You have to install a plugin to optimize your site for SEO. Without proper SEO, you cannot get traffic and website visibility. Fortunately, some plugins make this job easier for all users.
Rank Math is one of the plugins that have recently entered the WordPress SEO industry. There are many other SEO plugins already available and used worldwide. So the question is if Rank Math is a good option and worth your time, effort, and money? Let’s check out the detailed review along with a brief comparison with other famous SEO plugins below:
Rank Math Review: An Introduction
Rank Math is developed by the MyThemeShop development team. Ever since its release, it has grown in popularity. It comes with a wide range of features that help to optimize a website for SEO in the best possible way. The plugin is available for a free and a paid version.
Many SEO professionals consider Rank Math as the best of the best in the WordPress SEO plugin industry. That’s because it covers plenty of features under its belt. Whether a user is SEO savvy or not, Rank Math makes it simple for everyone to enhance their website content, blog posts, and pages with commonly accepted SEO practices. That’s why a lot of consumers are already switching to Rank Math from the other SEO plugins.
Rank Math WordPress plugin shares many features free of cost in the free version. This is unlike the other SEO plugins. Rank Math is also popular among startups and small business owners looking for budgeted options for marketing their websites. It is therefore known as the “Pocket knife of WordPress SEO.” Let’s now jump to all the fantastic features Rank Math offers under the free and paid plans:
Rank Math SEO Plugin Free Version Options
- Meta Data: You can change SEO Metadata i-e titles and descriptions through a template or manually for each post/page.
- Social media snippets: Helps to maintain your content and images on social media such as Facebook and other popular networks.
- Keyword Focus and Analysis Helps to optimize content for different keywords through in-depth keyword analysis.
- XML sitemap: Provides a customized XML sitemap that helps Google to crawl your site easily.
- Structured data/schema – Helps in setting up a sitewide schema. You can also control the schema data for different website parts.
- Search console: easy to integrate with Google Search console.,
- Knowledge graph and local SEO: You can go for the local SEO and knowledge graph to make your site more visible in the local search results.
- Image SEO: Optimized web images with keyword-friendly alt and title tags automatically.
- Internal link suggestions: It offers interlinking suggestions in the editor mode, which is a handy feature to have.
- Breadcrumbs: Implement breadcrumbs for the site.
- Link counter: Shares the number of post/page external and internal links.
- Redirects: For redirecting and managing the 301 and 302 redirects.
- 404 monitor: Helps to monitor the website for the missing pages, i-e 404 errors.
- Google Analytics: The traffic can be viewed from your WP dashboard after integrating GSC with a code.
- Essential WooCommerce Seo: Helps in optimizing primary tasks of a WooCommerce store.
Premium version Options:
- Tracks Keyword Rankings: Showcase keyword rankings till the last year. This gives an in-depth guide to those who are concerned.
- Google Trends integration: Optimize for multiple locations through Local search engine optimization.
- Watermarks images for social media: Helps to watermark the photos used on social media.
- Google AdSense Earnings History Information: Shares summary of Google AdSense earnings.
You also have the option to enable and disable the features you need. This is an excellent modular system feature of Rank Math.
Rank Math premium SEO Features
Rank Math is equipped with all the powerful SEO features that will help you optimize your site for search engines. It is an all-in-one and easy-to-use SEO plugin with a free version.
Optimized for Speed
Rank Math is also optimized for speed. This is why it is an attractive option for many web admins.
Easy to Configure
It is straightforward to configure Rank Math. Go into the General Setting tab for the basic settings. Enabling more features and modules will require the configuration of additional locations.
It helps to manage taxonomies, unlike other plugins. It also gives you control over the nofollow and noindex meta tags for taxonomies and individual pages or posts.
User Friendly Dashboard
The dashboard is simple and user friendly. It puts you in charge from the start to steer things your way at a reasonable rate.
You can check and optimize keyword suggestions for better visibility, monitor errors that Google notices for your site, and traffic stats right from the dashboard.
Other features include internal link building suggestions, 404 monitor, image SEO automation, sitemaps, schema structure, and local SEO.
Easy Installation Process
Installation doesn’t take a lot of time. You are asked about your site’s settings at the start to ensure optimal web performance. The installation wizard will help you move through the different steps such as webmaster profiles, SEO for your site, social accounts, among other vital settings.
One-Click Setting Migration
You can quickly transfer plugin settings to Rank Math SEO settings with just a click.
Google Webmaster Integration
This helps users and web admins to check their website statistics directly from the administrative dashboard.
Google Trends and Keyword Comparison Feature
Rank Math also helps to monitor Google Trends. It also helps with keyword searches and a graph for keyword comparison. You can view keyword suggestions as well.
Built-in 404 Monitor
This helps to check 404 links. This feature allows working with redirections quickly.
Image SEO Optimization
Image SEO is essential in addition to content optimization. You need to add alt tags to all your images. This tool helps with image SEO Optimization automatically.
The XML sitemaps are automatically generated with Rank Math. You can also generate Google-compatible news sitemaps and video sitemaps.
Rich Snippet Support
Rich Snippet Support is available in the plugin.
Local SEO Optimization
This is one of the best features of Rank Math. It helps local businesses to target keywords appropriately to stand out in the results.
Rank Math also helps with SEO backlinks. Just enter the keyword which you need links and learn Math to do the rest.
Advanced Redirection Manager
You can add redirects easily with this feature. It helps to add and manage redirects in bulk.
You can also add breadcrumbs with Rank Math. It helps to custom-create breadcrumbs.
Easily Redirect Attachments
Use Redirect attachments for parent or custom posts with this feature. It is also applicable for pages.
Search Engine Verification
Easily verify social media networks with WP admin.
Bulk Title and Description Editor
Add article title and description through this feature. It helps to edit the article titles in bulk without going through the articles one by one.
Third-Party Plugins Support
It helps to integrate the third-party plugins easily. You can easily switch from other SEO plugins to Rank Math with a click.
Focus fit keywords on the tree version and unlimited in the unlimited version.
LSI keyword Suggestions
The plugin adds LSI KEYWORDS based on focused keywords. This further helps with SEO.
Website SEO Analysis
It shares a website SEO insight related to your pages. Which ones need improvement and which ones don’t. This helps identify SEO problems quickly.
Social Media Integration
Helps to add Social Media metadata such as open graph functions with images, descriptions, and titles.
Track Keyword Positions
You can also track keyword rankings through this plugin. It can be integrated with Google Search Console to share data right in your WordPress dashboard.
Content Readability Analysis
The user interface of Rank Math is straightforward and interactive. You will see the features available in just a single look. In the Gutenberg editor, the screen is shown in the sidebar.
In the case of the classic editor, it’s directed at the bottom to check readability for standard SEO. However, it lacks in-depth analysis like Yoast SEO.
Rank Math Pricing
Rank Math Premium is available under two plans. The Pro plan costs $59 per year. It helps to track 500 keywords on as many sites as need be. The Business plan costs $199 per year and tracks up to 1000 keywords.
Rank Math Pros & Cons
Rank Math is an excellent addition to SEO plugins. However, like another plugin, it, too, has its weaknesses. Here are the Rank Math pros and cons:
- Simple to use.
- Easy user interface to turn on or off the different features
- Easy to import from other plugins.
- Free version available for multiple features.
- Connection with Search Console.
- Rich Snippet Support.
- Automatic Alt tags
- Redirection module.
- A bit overwhelming for the starters due to advanced features.
- If you want to switch to other SEO plugins from Rank Math, that conversion is not possible.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO vs All In One SEO overview
Now that we are aware of Rank Math’s great features, the next question is, which is the best plugin for SEO? Is it Yoast SEO or All in One SEO? If you compare these three based on the options and features, Rank Math is a clear winner. But you need to understand that comparing plugins is not easy. There are small things that make a lot of difference when using each plugin. The other two, such as Yoast SEO and All in One SEO, are equally productive.
Rank Math is relatively new compared to Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO plugin, with a long history and a vast client base. All three plugins have a free version available for use, with a paid version having more options.
Let’s conclude why many people choose Rank Math over the other available SEO plugins for their WordPress sites.
Rank Math vs Yoast SEO
Yoast is a good option, but it has a cluttered admin area and user interface for many users and comes at a high cost with no significant benefits compared to the other plugins available at a low price. The overall $89 doesn’t sound expensive, but it adds up when acquiring multiple sites’ licenses. The additional functionality needed for SEO is also missing. However, the plugin is good enough to meet the essential SEO requirement.
Why Yoast SEO is not better than Rank Math?
- Unclear & Cluttered dashboard and User interface
- It becomes expensive when acquiring a license for multiple sites
- Advanced SEO functionality is missing, such as schema, LSI, speed etc.
- Suitable for Basic SEO requirements
Rank Math vs All in One SEO
All in One SEO pack is a famous SEO plugin. It still doesn’t beat Rank Math, as Rank Math covers all the features this plugin offers under both the free and paid versions.
Why RankMath is better than All in One SEO Pack ?
- Fewer Features compared to Rank Math, including the paid version
- Complicated to use for the beginners compared to Rank Math
- Less Advanced Content Analysis Feature
- Becomes Expensive to use compared to almost all similar functions available in Rank Math
All in one SEO is a good option, too but still not good enough to spend money on an SEO plugin. You should not only use a plugin that offers the best features for the minimum price without compromising the quality. But the focus should be to increase your ranking chances.
FAQs about Rank Math
Is Rank Math better than Yoast?
Rank Math has a better user interface and pricing compared to Yoast SEO. It also has more features in free version, which makes it better than Yoast.
What is the use of Rank Math?
Rank Math help web owners to optimize their websites for SEO using all the basic to advanced SEO features. It is very simple to use for beginners.
Is Yoast SEO the best?
Yoast SEO is a good plugin but Rank Math is even better. There are some areas such as user interface, and advanced SEO features where Yoast SEO falls short of Rank Math.
How do you Upgrade to Ranked Math Pro?
You just subscribe to the pro plan and install the pro version on the website. That’s it.
SEO is constantly changing. SEO solutions need to catch up and adapt to the changing industry trends. The intuitive UI, modular system, and wide range of features make it one of the best SEO plugins to date so far. Choose Rank Math for SEO in 2021 if you are interested in increasing your site’s rankings and traffic. The pricing is excellent with the features. Good luck with optimizing your site with Rank Math for SEO!